|Spice Mi 280: Front View|
Rooting the Spice Mi 280 is a really easy task and even any newbie shouldn’t face any problem rooting the device. Before folding up your sleeves to proceed through this tutorial, you should first check out what rooting is and what are its pros and cons. In a nutshell, I shall recommend rooting your phone for enhanced performance and to customize it the way you want, including creating your very own theme and applying it on your device. Sounds fun, right? So, let the action begin.
- Download UnRevoked USB Drivers.
- Unzip the files using winzip or winrar on your PC.
- Connect your Spice Mi 280 to the PC using the USB cable that came along with the device.
- Right click on My Computer and select Manage, then select Device Manager from the dropdown on the left pane.
Alternatively, if you’re running windows 7, press start and then search for device manager and open it.
|Device Manager looks like this before connecting your device. CLick on the pic to enlarge it.|
- Your device should be listed there with something like ??Spice MI280.
- Right click on ??Spice Mi280 and select properties.
- Go to Drivers tab and select update driver. In the next po up window, select the option that says browse my computer for driver software and finally locate the files you downloaded in first step.
- When done with this driver part, download rooting kit for Mi 280.
- Unzip the rooting kit on your PC and open the Neuer Order folder and double click on the runme file inside that folder. All this hould be done with your phone still connected.
- Your Mi 280 will reboot now.
- Say Bingo becuase you just rooted your phone successfully.
Write below if you can’t root your phone, and I shall try my best to help you out ASAP.